ABOUT THE CLUB
Scarborough Rambling Club was formed in 1937 as the Scarborough Branch of the CHA
(Co-Operative Holiday Association) and has offered 2-3 walks a week continuously since
Walks are led by volunteer leaders and the Club is run by a small committee of members.
In 1961 the links with the CHA were dropped and the name Scarborough Rambling Club adopted.
Affiliation to the Ramblers Association took place in 1973.
The Club is also a member of Ramblers Worldwide Holidays Walking Partnership.
The Club was 75 years old in 2012 and to celebrate this event club members took part in a 7.5 miles local walk finishing in Springhill Meadow in Falsgrave Park.
The Club has donated a rustic seat
to the Park in commemoration of it's 75th Anniversary.
The seat is sited not far from the Jubilee Tree at the top of the hill in Springhill Meadow so that people taking a peaceful break will get wonderful panoramic views.
After the walk a plaque on the seat was unveiled.
An aniversary cake cut and a toast made to the future of the Club.